11.25.2009

Uncle Benny


As I have vaguely mentioned in a previous entry, our dear friends' father (we refer to him as Uncle Benny) had a severe stroke. His children created a blog to update on his condition since a lot of his friends are overseas. I would like to also ask for prayers for him from you. If it is on your heart to pray for a family in a troubling time, then please do not hesitate to do so.

It is the loneliest to be sick on a hospital bed during the holidays when there is suppose to be celebration and feasting. Tim and I have experienced that when my father-in-law had a stroke last December in Vancouver. Tim and I were in Boston at the time, and along came new year's eve. My mother-in-law called just before the countdown thirsting to hear another family member's voice for comfort as she had been staying with her husband the past couple of nights in the hospital not knowing what more to do. The countdown on the phone was full of emotions, anything but happy though...

Luckily, my father-in-law recovered pretty well, even though it took almost the whole rest of 2009 to do so, but at least he is better now.

So if you would pray with us for Uncle Benny, I am sure God is listening.

No comments: