11.20.2009

Samgyupsal

I made grilled pork belly in lettuce wrap tonight. It's a Korean dish that Tim loves. It's also my way of getting him to eat vegetables. Lots and lots of vegetables. *Chuckle*

So first you've got the grilled pork belly. I bought the ready-sliced ones from the market. In a nonstick pan, at high heat, grill the pork bellies until they are golden brown but not dried-up. If they start to look like bacon, then they're probably overdone.


Now the sides can be many kinds. I have some fresh leek cut to 1.5 inches, some fresh lettuce leaves, radish slices in white wine vinegar and sugar, and for the dip I put half Korean chili paste to half miso paste, little bit of roasted white sesame seeds plus some sesame oil, ginger powder, rice syrup, and finally chopped scallions.


Finally, the way you eat it: take a piece of lettuce, put on a piece of radish and some leeks, take a pork belly dipped with sauce, wrap them all up and enjoy!

No comments: