3.17.2009

Lent Season

Lent season is from Ash Wednesday to Easter Sunday, total 40 days. During this time, people would give up something in their lives, for some it might be internet (obviously that's not what I gave up on), for some it may be sweets, and for others it may be time, resources, etc.
I find this practice very good for my mind and soul, but above all else, I thank Jesus who suffered on the cross and gave me new hope, the hope of salvation. So this Lent season is not about me, but it's about Him, so may our hearts remember Him as we look forward to Easter Sunday, not some pastel colored eggs, not yellow bunnies, but Him and Him alone.
The Bible says, "There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love." Jesus came to give us that very thing---Perfect Love.

No comments: