2.17.2009

Corporation

Yesterday was President's Day, Tim and I had a day off together. He got a movie from Netflix for us to watch at night. At first, when I saw the title "Corporation", I didn't think much of it. He told me he heard other people talking about the movie and was curious to see what would be about.

I have to tell you that this movie educated me so much. It broke down the term "corporation" in the United States and explained its impact globally. I was shocked but at the same time realized why we're getting hated and attacked and afraid to get attacked all the time as a nation. We're living in a life while exploiting other countries' resources and labor, living in ignorance and denial. My heart truly aches, and I wish that there's something that I can change.

I saw a documentary on 20/20 last week about the poorest city in the U.S., and I am not saying all, but at least some of the people getting interviewed for this show were making $60,000 a year. That's NOT poor!!!! The work might be tough and dangerous though, but 60K a year is A LOT, especially comparing to what our clothing companies like Nike and Victoria Secrets, etc, are paying the citizens of 3rd world countries --80 cents a day.

I had a weird sleep last night because my mind was so restless after watching this movie. It is very credible where many Ivy-League economy professors, CEO's of world's largest corporations and other financial professionals and researchers gather to give a all-around view of this ugly truth about the U.S. corporation structure. I strongly recommend everyone to watch it, because even myself and yourselves are being used for advertisement, and being taught since we're young about what we falsely need in life so that we'll buy more junk from them (corporations) and giving them more wealth and thus more power to manipulate the government, the news media, the much more that we couldn't even imagine. All that because of GREED. No wonder the Bible says, "Money is the source of all evil."

I can see slowly that many people have realized this ugly truth and are doing a lot starting with their own spending habits and choice of purchases to make a difference in this country. A small town in Southern California voted to chase out all big corporations out, and having only small businesses to operate. I am curious to visit that town someday, and I also admire them for their bravery and courage to do what is right and just.

So when you have a chance, instead of getting a thriller movie that will hype you up, or a romance movie that will make you fuzzy inside, watch "Corporation", that won't give you either hype or fuzziness, but it will change your heart.

No comments: