4.22.2014

Learning Human Anatomy

Looking at this life sized human anatomy wall hanger I got from Hong Kong at a bookstore kind of makes me laugh. The drawing of the models is cartoonish in a cute way that is children-friendly-tries-to-be, but at the same time it is a bit creepy. When I first put it up on the wall, my children were sort of frightened by it. 


On the girl side, all the body parts and organs are labeled in Chinese characters, and on the boy side, all are in English. This is useful because I have been teaching my kids bilingual vocabularies in almost everything they're learning.



After the initial shock, the kids felt more comfortable to explore the wall hanger a little more. Sophie is trying to move her limbs around.


 This is the boy side with the English labels.

The kids told me that the boy frightens them a little less, and I could see why.

However, when I came into the playroom the next day, I saw that the kids had done this to the poor boy model. I almost burst out in laughter. Yes, covering up private parts is the way to go. So proud of my kids for knowing at least that. ^0^


I can't deny that I love shopping in Asia sometimes. Besides the slightly cheaper prices in the merchandizes, one could always find very interesting and random things there.

No comments: