4.16.2014

Easter Eggs

Today we dyed Easter eggs!
This was when I asked them to smile at the camera and got a grin from Sophie, but a squished face from Brandon. ^0^ Nevertheless, they were happy to be dyeing eggs, at least I could be sure of that.


I put some glitters, which came with the dyeing kit, in the coloring bowls, which I kind of regretted after. Because after the eggs were dried and they wanted to peel the shells and eat the hard-boiled eggs inside, the glitters got everywhere. I ended up having to wash every peeled egg under the tap to get rid of majority of the glitters.

I also marked the shells with a wax crayon before hand as a surprise for the kids when they were actually dyeing the eggs and the patterns from the wax marks revealed.

After the eggs was dried, we did a special delivery to A-Gong and A-Ma (grandpa and grandma) and shared our irresistibly beautiful eggs with them. (irresistible mostly to the kids as they gobbled up at least 3, 4 eggs each, whereas before, I'd have to beg them to eat their eggs) ^^

We do plenty of crafts and baking all over the house, but the dining table is one of favorite places to gather. Ronald Reagan once said, "All great change in America begins at the dinner table." I only hope to create good memories for my children at the dining table. ^0^




Next time, I might share about the drawing and crafts we do at the coffee table.

No comments: