2.10.2010

Out of the State, Out of the Country

We spent 3 days in LA near the Biola area before flying to Hong Kong from 5th to the 8th.
I will update on that one person at a time once I go back to Boston and transfer all the files of pictures I took during those three days. I cannot wait to share that with you because it was a time of tremendous blessing and encouragement to both Tim and I. Each of them touched our lives in different ways that enriched our hearts and as deep as our souls.

We saw more friends in those three days than we did the whole year in Boston. No exaggeration. And just simply the weather made us brighten up. I even felt my bone stretching and growing from the lack of vitamin D while living in Boston during these indoor-only-winter-days.

Once again, I felt the blessing of my college life. How God brought so many precious people to me in the 4, 5 years I spent in LA, and how they had turned into lifelong relationships. I also realized how these people had influenced me during the time in my life when I just entered adulthood being away from my family; and how they had shaped me into who I am now. I wouldn't trade it for anything else. I felt a deep sense of appreciation for what God has done in my life while going back to the place I once lived. The memories came right back to me as I walk and drove through those familiar spots.

Tim and I are so loved by God!!! That's all I have to say at the end of the day.

*****************************************
Last night, we arrived in Hong Kong. The humidity overtook us as soon as we got through the gate. I don't understand why it always gave me the shock even though I expected it. Anyways, it was good to see my parents-in-law. Chinese New Year atmosphere is definitely very pronounced here. I am in the process of creating more photo journals, but that will come later. I just know that Tim and I will get to see many Tim's side's relatives and feast like mad during these nights approaching the Chinese New Year.

We couldn't sleep too well last night after arriving here. I guess after the 24 hour of flight plus layover in Vancouver had gotten the both of us totally and completely disoriented. It's close to noon time right now, but it's one hour past midnight in Boston. I miss the beautiful snow there, but probably not the temperature though. ^_^

Cheers to a beautiful day no matter where you are,

and God bless!

No comments: