1.04.2010

It Has Been...

a blessed year.
As much as I didn't like 2009 for the many unfortunate events that had shaken my perfect little world, this past year had taught me to put my eyes on the things above more than any other year. God used 09 to show me that He is what matters, not the things He give, because He also take away, and I need to be okay with either, not just receive receive receive, I also need to let go let go let go.

Living in Boston is lonely. I only see Tim at night when he comes home from work. The rest of the time I am all by myself, except when I go teach piano or go to church. However, looking at the Christmas cards we received, I couldn't deny the fact that we have so many people all over the world who care and love us.

Also on Christmas, we had a party of over 10 people at our house; and the day after that, we had friends to go on road trip with to DC. On new year's eve, we had friends counting down with us; and on new year's day all the way to Sunday, we had friends to play board games with, watch movies with, and eat meals with.

Even though I complained that 6 of our dear friends moved away all at once in the summer, I now know that I just had to let go of that and not let it cripple me into self-pity. God will always bring wonderful people into my life, I can't just keep dwelling in the past and be blinded by it to the point of ignoring the blessings I have now. Boston is a transient city, people come and go, and that's is the reality.

I am looking forward to 2010 and the people I will get to meet in this new year.

I am praying for a mentor, a church community and two more things which I cannot reveal right now.


No comments: