5.25.2009

Newly Pregnant

I have been reading some pregnancy books, and it's exciting and nerve racking at the same time. I am glad that I just finished my school and can now concentrating on eating right and getting enough sleep, because boy oh boy...newly pregnant woman is always tired. Yup yup, I used to not understand the episode in Sex In the City when Miranda would fall asleep on her job during her pregnancy. Now it makes so much sense to me. I am lucky to be able to sleep whenever I want right now.
The husband is in Hong Kong spending some quality time with his mother, my mother-in-law. The mother-in-law is so excited about this baby that she spent $2000.00 USD on my maternity clothing. The hubs also bought me a new macro lens today. I can't wait for him to come back and present me with all the "treasures from the far East".
I am truly a blessed woman. Today I also found out that my mother's tummy was as smooth as rice cake when she was pregnant with me. For those of you who don't know, whether or not you'll get stretch marks on your tummy when you're pregnant solely depends on your genetics. So if the mother didn't have stretch marks then you won't have them either, because they simply won't disappear for the rest of your life once you get them, no matter what expensive creams you want to try to put on.
That is very comforting to know! It totally made my day. =DDD, pardon me for my silliness. I heard some pregnant women could get bitchy and mouthy, I hope I just remain silly with all these hormones going on inside of me. That'll be just enough right now. Thank you! ^_~

2 comments:

Unknown said...

It's been 20 years since I was last pregnant but I surely remember what I still refer to as 'THE INVASION OF THE BODY SNATCHERS' because it really is like someone joins you and tells you when they want to eat and sleep. Enjoy every moment!

Unknown said...

Thanks Yvonne! It's a totally new and exciting experience to me. Hehe, I like the "invasion of the body snatchers" ^^