9.25.2006

Praise God!

Last Saturday I led worship during Bible study at our group. It was really good. The whole last semester, I was trying to run away from it. I let myself feel like a kid among the members and I felt that I need others to take care of me. Actually they still do now, but praise God that He pushed me out of my comfort zone and start using my gift to serve Him in my small family here in L.A.
On Sunday, it was even funnier. I was just sitting there and listening to the sermon, and suddenly a highschool girl was making weird eye contact with the lady pianist, and then they went outside to talk. After the girl came back, she had with her two music sheets. She was nervous, because the lady pianist suddenly had things that she had to go take care of, and so she gave her the Benediction song and the Three Fold Amen song, plus the Postlude to play in replacement of the pianist herself. The girl was so restless after she found out that she's going to sight read all the music in the next 5 minutes or so. All of the sudden she saw me sitting two seat down from her, and her eyes just lighten up. She handed me the music and asked, "Can you play these song?" I was like, "Yes?" She begged, "Can you please play them? I don't know how to play these songs." After that, she had passed on her nervousness unto me. lol. It is a brand new church that I am attending on Sundays since my pastor and wife left the other church which I am still invovled in with Bible studies, and I've only been here 3 times. And here it comes the sudden opportunity to play the piano. But I was glad that I could help. Praise God for equipping me all these years with music, and now I am able to serve Him, I can finally see why God gave me the gift of music---is to serve Him. Duh!!! Lol.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yey! dali on stage again! (??) i'm proud of you for leading worship~ i saw you play at church before, too, but i'm amazed at how you can tune yourself from expressionistic performer to smooth player...keep it up, girlfriend! btw, i like your new page...reminds me of chocolate or something. yum... nyway, thank you for your comment, yep it's my first day of work, i'm excited but scared...hihi