5.03.2014

Crispy Skinned Roast Duck

I followed this recipe http://www.thehungrymouse.com/2009/02/11/the-best-way-to-roast-a-duck-hello-crispy-skin/ I found online to roast my duck this time: 

Score the skin, cut off excess fat, and poke it all over
Salt and truss

Roast at 300 degrees for 1 hour, breast-side up

Poke, flip, roast for 1 hour, breast-side down

Poke, flip, roast for 1 hour, breast-side up

Poke, flip, roast for 1 hour, breast side down

Poke, flip, blast at 400 degrees for 10 minutes, breast-side up
Brush with glaze (honey, molasses, orange juice, soy sauce, and hot sauce)
Finish at 400 degrees for 5-7 minutes

Rest, carve & serve

The best part was the smell that filled the whole house when the duck was being roasted in the oven. To me, smelling the aroma was better than eating the duck itself, though my husband did most of the eating part. After the meat was eaten, I used the bones to make a duck broth.The broth was so rich and full of calcium, the kids loved the duck noodle soup I served them the next day.

Happy weekend!

No comments: