4.06.2011

Grandma Left

My mom left this afternoon to go back to my dad after 5 weeks of being here with us.
She did a lot while she was here.
Her daily chores include:
-making sure I get fed well
-making sure Tim gets fed well
-making sure I get my sleep during the day
-hand-washing all of Sophie's clothing
-holding Sophie from time to time
-swaddling Sophie very tightly and warmly
-entertaining Sophie when she didn't want to sleep but I did
-giving Sophie baths
-and much more...

I really appreciated her being here, not only helping us out, but sleeping in the living room for a whole 5 weeks, being away from my dad this whole time, and doing so much behind the scene when I was too tired to even notice.

This afternoon, after saying goodbye to her at the airport and coming back home, I felt anxious all of the sudden. I thought to myself, "She's gone! What do I do now?" I began to panic a little while Sophie woke up from her car ride and started to cry wanting to get out from her car seat. While trying to calm her down and giving her milk, the house felt so silent. It'll take me time to get use to being by myself all over again, this time with the baby outside of me instead of inside.

May God grant me strength and wisdom! I want to treasure all these precious milestones of motherhood and one day being able to look back with pleasure.

4 comments:

emi said...

hang in there, Dali~
you're always in my prayers.
you'll do just fine, you're a mom, and every mom had that anxiety and uncertainty with their first child, i'm sure :)

Anonymous said...

No worry~ Another grandma is coming shortly! :)

Also, God is always with you :)

Wendy Ha said...

Forgot to leave my name... I am Wendy :)

Unknown said...

Thanks Emi & Wendy! I'm getting the hang of it better today. :)