9.11.2009

Sharing Bad News

I was on the phone with a friend yesterday. She had recently found out about my miscarriage and was asking details about it. Later she mentioned that in Taiwan, the tradition is to not tell people you're pregnant until after 3 months because stuff like my case could happen and so they can save the embarrassment. I was thinking about that, and yes I did tell people before three months because both Tim and I were really excited, and also I was glad that I told people when I miscarried, because so many people called and wrote and emailed and visited me when I was at the lowest point. Without them I don't think I would survive that awful, dreadful time and recovered. So in the end, I concluded that it was a good thing to tell people news, even when they are bad news, so that you can get the support you need and maybe you can also find out who are your true friends. I think I would do the exact same thing if I were given a chance to choose again, of course regarding only on this particular subject and not the miscarriage itself.

The following was what I saw on the plane rides between Boston and Oakland. I was amazed by God's creation and felt that we are so small compare to the mountains and the skies, yet He loves and cares for us. Isn't that something to think about?



No comments: