2.17.2008

Boston Winter

Boston is a beautiful city, especially when it snows. When I first came, I was greatly impressed with the architectures of the city and the high fashion of the people here. I would always gaze toward the downtown area where I could see skyscrapers and redbrick buildings, and somehow those things would make me breath deeper and slower. Since I came here for half a year now, I slowly got used to the buildings, and they don't seem as impressive to me anymore because I've been in a few of these buildings, and they're beat up inside, trust me, they're really really old. However, the natural beauty of Boston began to capture me. I love seeing snow on the streets, on the tree branches, in the fields, in the lakes. I love breathing in the cleanest air I've ever breathed in, especially coming from Los Angeles where the air pollution is the worst in the country. I love watching birds stand on top of a frozen lake, and not making up these stuff, but Tim and I actually saw a turkey walking on a street and a swan resting in a parking lot. These things captivates me, and slowly I am getting used to here, after so many months. School will end one day, work can relocate, but Boston is always going to be a part of my memory, a part of who I am.
Now that Tim and I watch movies, we would get excited if the movies are taking places in Boston, or the actors grew up in Boston before they became famous. We would take pride in the fact that we're also from Boston.

1 comment:

JOSH-WA! said...

hey, what happened to tim's great sermon i read just now through rss?! where did it go?!!! i wanted to leave a note to say that i've been encouraged by it! :D