10.08.2006

Prism Concert

I entered orchestra!!! I play bassoon. Everybody was so shocked, they didn't think a pianist can be a bassoonist at the same time. I had to explain to them that I had played it for four years in high school both in band and in orchestra. They thought I just picked it up in two days or something. Actually I had to refresh my memory about how the fingerings are suppose to be, but it didn't take too long before I remembered most of the things. It's so exciting, today we had Prism Concert for Parents' Weekend, and our night concert was SOLD OUT! My very first concert as a member of BSO (Biola Symphonic Orchestra). So happy!!! I had this short solo in the middle of one of the pieces. It was so fun, but nervous at the same time.
Afterwards I practiced piano for a few hours. It was good. I feel that I finally have community now in the music building. I know so many more people and my musical world also expanded--it's not JUST about piano anymore. ^_^ I should have joined earlier, but I think before I used most of my time dating Tim, my soon-to-be husband, which is totally worth it. =P
Anyways, so randome, but yeah, I am excited about Christmas Concert at the end of this semester with the orchestra, and it'll be two nights straight, Friday and Saturday of Dec. 8&9, and then my Piano Senior Recital will be the very following night on the 10th, at 8:00 pm. OMG!!! So fun though.
Anyways, I had a long day today. Time to relax and rest. ^_^

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow~ sounds so exciting...i wanna see you play :) it must be awesome to be a part of one big thing...everybody working towards one goal...

Anonymous said...

wow~ sounds so exciting...i wanna see you play :) it must be awesome to be a part of one big thing...everybody working towards one goal...