6.27.2011

Death

Today as I saw the body of a neighbor of ours being carried into a hearse, and his loved ones hugging one another in tears seeing him off, my heart was broken once again as I was holding Sophie in my arms from a walk back home.

Death once again weighed down on me. Just this past weekend, Tim and I learned that a dear friend of ours ended his own life recently. As we are still grieving for that lost, here I am, witnessing another person gone.

What are we to do with our limited time on this earth? May God show me how to live a successful life in His eyes.

Life is short, love the people around you more! Above all, be transformed by the love of Christ and His eternal hope.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I've lost many in the last 12 of my 56 yrs. including a dad, mother-in-law and one of my best friends. I've learned that life keeps on, and like you said, to make the most of each day. And Jesus gives up hope for a life after this one. I'm sorry for your loss.