12.12.2010

Winter Is Upon Us

It has been raining all day today. The sun hid its face behind the thick, gray clouds in the sky. My mood is, a little bit of melancholy and a lot of tiredness. As I am entering the 3rd trimester of my pregnancy, the tiredness aspect came back from the 1st trimester. I could seriously sleep 10 hours a day and still feel like I need rest.

Today I barely woke up for church. Somehow, I managed to keep myself awake during service by taking lots of notes. Right after the service was over, I turned to Tim and asked if we could go home right away and not stay for lunch. My whole body felt like shutting down. Every bone in my body felt loose, and all the muscles started being sore. I LONGED for a nap right there right then.

Wow, I thought to myself, this next 3 months is going to be very interesting. I will probably try to get all the sleep I can get now before Sophie comes into the world. But as I look at her through an ultrasonography at week 26, my heart is filled with joy and gratefulness. She's my baby girl, a gift from God.

So cruel Boston winter, you just bring it on!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Poor Mama Dali! Let me know if baby Sophie wants to eat anything from Taiwan! Too bad I can't bring back fruit...I had such a delicious pomelo the other day....